“Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me, welcomes the one who sent me.” Luke 9:48
Welcome to worship at First Presbyterian Church-Galveston!
We value your child’s presence in worship.
- We provide a loving nursery for children ages 3 years and younger staffed with paid, first aid/CPR certified childcare attendants.
- Children age 3-Grade 4 are welcome to attend Children’s Church. Children are dismissed from the sanctuary following the Children’s Time.
Parenting in the Pew…
- Relax… God put the wiggle in children – don’t feel that you need to suppress it in God’s house. As one has said, “The ‘thump-thump’ on the back of your pew is the heartbeat of the church!”
- Use a gentle touch… An arm around your child’s shoulder, your hand in his or hers provides reassurance and appropriate attention.
- Bring a book… Children’s books and worship totes with quiet Bible activities are available to children during the Worship service. They are located in the Fellowship Hall (through doors at the front of the sanctuary). Please return totes at the completion of the service.
- Explain quietly the parts of the service… Help your child to follow along in the bulletin or on the PowerPoint. If a question comes up, answer it briefly.
- Sing the hymns, pray and voice the responses… Children learn good behavior in worship by copying yours.
- Share your experiences… After worship, talk about what you heard, saw, sang, and prayed. By sharing our experiences, we all learn more.
- Ask questions… If you have questions about worshiping with your child or parts of the worship experience, please ask.
- Come back for more… Children learn worship by worshiping with the congregation Sunday after Sunday.
Adapted with permission from FPC-Austin’s “We Welcome Children Here” letter.